Tuesday 30 October 2012

Short Story Review - Suddenly Lost In Words


Suddenly Lost In Words by Ahmed Khan, Gregory Marlow, Tyler Hansen, Connor Thomas Cleary, Lisa Cronkhite, Gary Egan, Sara DeGregoria and Kurt Bachard
Released 11th September 2012
Word Doc 36 pages
Publisher Self published
Rating 5/5
Source Sent a copy by Clare

My thoughts…
Suddenly Lost In Words is a collection of seven short stories from the authors listed above. Each story offers something very different – one offers a story of a rather unpleasant teenager, while another about a girl who feeds people to a Werewolf.

The book fits neatly into the Young Adult Fiction genre. It is full of typical teenage stories, but with a twist. Thanks to Twilight and Teen Wolf, Werewolf’s are very “in” and therefore the short ‘The Werewolf Ate My Homework’ is very topical, but it provides a different twist on a familiar story.

Even though the book is targeted at young adults I loved it, even though I am 25! In some way a lot of people will be able to relate to the stories, if it’s not because you don’t feel like you belong like Scarlett in ‘City Speaker’ or you have suffered in the hands of bullies just like, but not as bad as, Sean in ‘ Friday’s Children’, or you know someone who is just a spoilt as the girl is ‘Grandma Silence’. Whatever your age, you will still remember what it is like to be a teenager so it kind of made me feel nostalgic,

Before being contacted by the group Suddenly Lost In Words on Twitter I hadn't come across any of the authors or the book so I didn't have any expectations, but I am pleased to say that I am thrilled that I had the chance of reading this and would highly recommend this to anyone of any age.

The book is available to buy from Amazon now!

No comments:

Post a Comment