Thursday 1 November 2012

November already?!

Another month has flown by once again! We have somehow got to November, where does the time go? After a quiet month in September, I seem to have made up for it in October and managed to review a whooping seven books! Granted a few of them where short stories.

Last month I decided that it was time that I sat down and started my own book, so far I haven't made any progress and to be honest haven't really given it much thought. Then I got an email from NaNoWriMo mapping out this years event... it said that on day one you should write 1,667 words and I thought "how hard can that be?" I know I will be eating my words in about a weeks time, but in all honestly that isn't a huge amount to write in one day and I should be able to do it, I just need to give myself a massive kick up the bum and do it! My only problem is that I an enjoying reading books so much, if I do start my own book I will have to stop reading for a little while so I don't distract myself!

Whether I do decide to make a start on my own novel or not, I am setting myself the target of writing a short story this month. I have a couple of days booked off work, so I think this is definitely achievable.

While I continue to ponder over whether to write or not to write I have got a selection of books to review this month...


I have very kindly been sent all of this months books - One Hundred Names and Kismetology are definitely my kind of books whereas Spirit of Angels is something very different to what I usually read so I am very much looking forward to seeing what they all have in store for me.

Remember, if you have a book that you would like me to read and review then please send it on! Always happy to help a new author and lend a hand where I can, I will be asking the same when the time comes :-) 

As always, thanks for reading x

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, it's exciting to see my book in your post!

    You should *definitely* go for NaNo! Even if you don't write the whole 50k, at least you will have written something! I find it great for just getting words down, it doesn't matter how good they are, you're just getting the first draft of a story down, and worry about editing it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read your book Jaimie :-)I promoise I will get around to it in the next few days.

    I am going to go for it this month! Whether I can write the full 50,000 I don't know. At this point I will be happy with 1,000! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, no rush! I know you're busy, I appreciate you reading it at all, never mind when!

    Yay, so glad you're going to do it! I love it, it's just the kick I need to get writing! The first draft of Kismetology was written for NaNo, although it was very *very* much just a first draft!

    ReplyDelete