Tuesday 17 July 2012

Blog Direction

When I first started this blog I didn't really know what direction I wanted it to go in. My first thoughts were maybe some kind of online diary, but then I thought "who would actually be interested in reading about my life?" Probably no one.

I then watched an interview with Perez Hilton, he first started his blog over 10 years ago and at the time it was one of very few celebrity bloggers and he understood that he needed to create a blog that was different to everything else out there.

After a bit of thought I have decided to create my own book review blog.

Reading is such a huge passion of mine and I love talking about the books that I am reading with my friends and family, so it makes perfect sense to share my thoughts online too. In addition to this I am a Journalist at heart and while I didn't actually go into Journalism once I finished my degree, one of the things that I did excel at was reviewing films, books and bands so I thought I'd give it a go in the 'real world'.

My reading tastes vary hugely, in recent months I have gone from reading the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson to the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins to the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E L James.

I have just finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey so I have decided that this will be the first book that I will review for my blog.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on the books that I review too as I love talking to others about the books. If you have any recommendations then I would love to read about them. And lastly please follow me on Twitter @LittleMissBooks.

Thank you and will blog soon! x



No comments:

Post a Comment